Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TWD: Lemon Cup Custard

I made this dessert at the last minute to be able to blog about it today. The past week just got away from me and the next thing I knew, it was Tuesday. I was actually looking forward to this weeks challenge since the ingredients were so simple, and most importantly, it did not require a house mortgaging quantity of chocolate.

This week is hosted by Bridget of The Way The Cookie Crumbles. The ingredients could not have been any simpler, just milk, eggs and lemon zest. It called for baking the custards in individual custard cups. I don't own these, so I made them in one large bowl and just dished it up for individual servings. The presentation would have been better in the individual ramekins, but, I made due.

Shianne really liked this dessert. I thought it was good, but not quite the creamy lemon dessert that I was looking for. Of course, Nora Beth would not touch it because of it's lack of chocolate. The lemon flavor was really mild, and in my opinion, needed the extra addition of some lemon extract.

Bridget, thanks for hosting this week!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the lemon extract would have helped this considerably. But I think it looks delicious as is!

    ReplyDelete