Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Homes For Our Troops

I went to a funeral today for a long time family friend. The funeral is not what this post is about. In lieu of flowers, the family suggested memorial contributions to a very worthwhile organization. I had not heard of it before, but I think it is well worth looking into. Homes For Our Troops is an organization that builds specially adapted houses for soldiers who are severely injured while in service to our country at no cost to the veteran.

Scot is a childhood friend who was injured when the Chinook helicopter he was riding in was shot down in Afghanistan. He was fortunate to be selected into this program and groundbreaking for his home begins in April. This is a wonderful blessing for his family.

Now, I am not pressuring anyone into giving money to organizations that I support, but I just want to raise awareness for this great organization. I would like to see them get some well deserved attention.

In memory of Vera and in support of her grandson Scot, thank you for reading this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That need hadn't really occurred to me, but I bet it's huge. Thanks so much for the head's up!

    ReplyDelete