Friday, April 16, 2010

A BIG Day of Tests

I have been searching all around for the right kennel to board the dogs.  We have had two negative experiences in the past that have traumatized my sweet Zara.  I am just blown away by the number of sub-par kennels that I have seen in the past few weeks.  Now today, I found the gem of kennels.  It is clean, the owner was fantastic, it is close to my house, reasonably priced and most importantly, the dogs loved it.  The only thing standing in my way of this jewel was the obedience test.  Now I had no concerns about Zara, it was Boba that I was secretly praying would be on his best behavior. 

Now picture the scene, me with Calum tied on my back, trying to wrangle two excited dogs on leashes all while trying to keep Nora Beth out of trouble.  I should have admitted my defeat right there, but no, I DID IT!  We survived and the dogs surpassed my expectations.  They passed with flying colors.  We have a kennel!!!

Coming off of the kennel high we are off to the next test of the day.  Today was the big Piano Festival that Shianne has been practicing for for months.  She has worked so hard to memorize her two songs and then perform them in front of the jury.  She was so nervous and she did wonderful.  I could just see the relief on her face when she was done.  She can now relax for the next few months of piano practice and move away from the song that she disliked so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment