Thursday, April 22, 2010

A BIG Green Day

Today is Earth Day...a day to celebrate the Earth!  Nora Beth made a very cute comment on Tuesday.  She asked me "Mama, are we having a party for Earth Day?"  She knows my love for all things green and throwing parties, so why not combine the two.  My heart just beamed with pride.

Instead of throwing a party, we did do a small part to help the planet.  We went to the recycling station and took a whole van load of stuff in that cannot be recycled in our curbside recycling.  We stopped by a nursery on the way home and picked up a bunch of flowers.  We then came home and planted the flowers and showed some love to the garden by planting a bunch of herbs and peas.  Nora Beth had so much fun helping me dig in the dirt.  I have decided to not plant a large garden this year.  I am going to keep it really simple since we are planning on being gone for a large part of the summer. 

On the agenda for the evening is a whole bunch of ball games.  Both girls are playing at the same time.  Fortunately, both games are near each other, so I will be going between both.  Good thing Calum is happy being toted around!

No comments:

Post a Comment