Friday, April 2, 2010

The BIG Grape incident


While grocery shopping on Sunday, I came across these little jewels in the produce section.  These Muscat grapes just called my name.  I normally avoid grapes since most are grown outside of the U.S. and I have a general rule of not purchasing any produce that is not organic or locally grown.  These were conventionally grown in Chile, they break my rules, but there was something about these grapes.  They called to me, my heart stopped when I saw their price and I had second thoughts.  About $12 for a small bag of grapes.  But then they just JUMPED in my cart.  I could not wait to get home and sample these.

I was lost at first bite.  These grapes were DELICIOUS.  Little jewels of sweet flavor that just exploded in my mouth.  We are big fans of Muscat wine, but I never imagined that the grapes would be equally delicious.  It makes perfect sense when I think about it, but I normally don't think this much about grapes.

I had a handful of grapes that evening, gave some to both Lamar and Shianne for lunch the next day and set these on the counter.  It was not long until I heard these grapes calling out to me again.  The next thing I remember, I am standing in front of an empty bowl.  Those grapes were soooo good.  I am even contemplating driving the 50 miles back to the grocery store just to get another bunch of these $12 grapes.  I called all my local stores and no one is carrying this variety.  Only this variety will do right now.  I wonder if Lamar would notice....hmmmm.....I feel a road trip coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment