Sunday, April 18, 2010

A BIG Weekend

I am sitting here in my chair trying to come up with the words to put down here to describe my weekend.  I am so exhausted that I can barely form a cohesive sentence in my mind, let alone type one out.  I have not slept well since Lamar has been gone and we have had back to back activities all weekend.

Saturday was a blur of farmers market, cleaning, softball and a night out with friends.  I made it through the day and then rushed to get ready for my evening out.  Lamar and I had planned on going together to this special evening out with friends, but with him being in Iowa, I had to find a new date.  Our friend Dave was happy to step into Lamar's shoes.


The evening was fantastic.  An Italian meal prepared by a chef in a private home.  The table was filled with friends, wine, food and laughter.   One of the first courses was carpazzio.  It was delicious!!  Yes,  raw beef was delicious!!  This goes against all kinds of my food rules.  I stepped out of my box and ate red meat and enjoyed it!! 


I had intended to take pictures of each of the courses.  But, after I finished this first course of polenta with prosciutto and asparagus, my stomach was on some sort of a culinary high that my brain became fuzzy and all I could do was allow all the happy flavors to dance in my mouth while being washed down with equally yummy wine.  Take my word for it...THE MEAL WAS DELICIOUS!!

Sunday was equally busy with brunch with friends, house shopping and then a baby shower.  Yes, I said house shopping.  Don't get any ideas, "Lamar is out of town, so she goes and looks for houses"   Really, I am helping a friend find a new house.  The laundry room repair this week was enough of a scare to me that I have no intentions of cheating on my house for at least 6 more months!

Nicole's baby shower was held at our house today.  Baby Brooklyn is getting so big.  Five weeks has gone by so quickly.  It seems like just yesterday that Calum was that small (OK, he was never that small) and now he is cruising along the furniture.

Now back to my exhaustion.  I am off to crawl into bed and hopefully get a full 3 hours of sleep before someone wakes me up!  Sweet Dreams!

1 comment:

  1. "Five weeks has gone by so quickly."

    Tell me about it! ;)

    ReplyDelete