Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Buckeye Brownies

I got this recipe from a fellow food blogger, Jennifer of Cooking for Comfort. I was immediately interested when I saw these. I make buckeye candies for Lamar every Christmas, except this year, since we were traveling. You just cannot go wrong with the combination of peanut butter and chocolate.

For the brownie part I used Ghiradelli brownie mix and for the peanut butter I used a natural brand that is in no way associated with the current peanut butter recall. These came together very easily - a no-brainer, delicious dessert. I served them at the Super Bowl party. These brownies added to the need of a forklift to lift everyone off of the couches after the game!

Jennifer, thank you for posting such a delicious recipe - a new family favorite for us!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I'm so glad you loved these!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you didn't! Buckeyes were always my favorite holiday treat growing up. They look amazing!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - I don't like peanut butter so these would be perfect for when I need to bake but don't want to eat half the batch!

    ReplyDelete