Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Food Budget, Day 17

I went to the grocery store today and stocked up on some food, mainly produce and some easy but healthy stuff for Lamar and Nora Beth while Shianne and I are in Las Vegas. I spent $83 on food. Yes, $3 over budget, but I was under budget for last week and I still have some wiggle room from last week.

It was a really busy day for me today and I had great intentions of making potato gnocchi with spinach pesto. Lamar decided that this was not what he wanted to eat. Just for disagreeing with me, he got to eat leftover Sloppy Joe's from the freezer! I made some baked sweet potato fries and a fruit salad to go with the Sloppy Joe's. The family was fed and I was able to run out the door to my discussion group.

While at my discussion group, a local boy came in selling his eggs. He is raising free range organic eggs - and even better, he is in West Salem. I finally have a reliable and affordable source for the eggs I want. The only way to get them fresher is to have my own chickens in the backyard - I am sure Lamar would have something to say about that! I had intended on showing you a picture of what the yolks of a free range egg and a conventional egg look like side by side - but I am not that put together tonight. I will do it when I get back from my trip next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment