Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Food Budget, Day 4

Today was an easy cooking day, for me at least. I am not sure what was done for breakfast since I slept through it! Lamar had the girls fed and he left for work before I saw the light of day. I had appointments for the late morning and early afternoon, so Nora Beth was with her sitter. As for dinner, I used up the veggies in the fridge and made a vegetarian stir fry, paired with with some brown rice, miso soup and a green salad. Nora Beth was really excited about the brown rice and miso soup - two of her favorites. She asked during dinner where the "Sushi Man" was, since this is what she eats whenever we go out for sushi.

I am on the constant search for the recipe for the salad dressing we get at our favorite sushi restaurant. I have tried several so far and have come close, but so far, not quite right on. This is the one I made tonight

Miso Carrot sauce with Ginger

2 T grapeseed oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 T white miso
1 T dark sesame oil
2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
1 inch gingerroot, peeled and grated
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in food processor or blender and process until smooth. Serve immediately or store tightly covered in the fridge for several days.



I am in desperate need of going to the grocery store. I have no veggies left in the house. I am also running low on milk, eggs and bread. I will try to stretch it one more day and do my shopping while I am out on Friday. Tomorrow I really need to concentrate on some tasks around the house, primarily finishing moving my office upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment