Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yeah, IT CAME!!!

The girls get excited whenever a package arrives in the mail, even though it is usually addressed to Lamar or myself. Even if it is not for them, they get excited for whatever "present" is about to be unwrapped. Normally there is not this much excitement, but today was different. Nora Beth knew that there was a package coming for her. She could barely contain herself when I pulled a key from the mailbox that opens one of the larger mailboxes. I pulled a large box out and I could hear Nora Beth squealing in delight. IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! She could not get out of her carseat fast enough when we pulled into the driveway and ran up the stairs, eagerly waiting for me to follow with the package.

I knew that I could not put off opening this package. I unwrapped it and found her doll. While in Iowa she picked this doll out of Mary Ann's collection as her special one. Nora Beth named her Millie. It was fun to watch her excitement. She just looked at it for about an hour. Amazing how a doll that cannot be played with claimed so much of her attention.

I put the doll out of reach for fear that an excited dog or curious cat would knock it over. After Nora Beth's room is painted this month I will install a shelf for this doll so she can look at it, but still be out of reach.

We tried to call Grandma to thank her for mailing Millie, but there was no answer. Will try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment