Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TWD: Devils Food White Out Cake

I was excited to try this weeks choice. Stephanie of Confessions of a City Eater chose the Devils Food White Out Cake. This cake adorns the front of Dories own cookbook. It is beautiful to look at and makes a wonderful presentation. I made this for my family for Valentines Day. Definitely worth the effort.

The cake was actually quite easy to make. The recipe did call for 2 oz of bittersweet chocolate. I did not have any in the house and it did not fit into the current food budget plan, so I used some good chocolate chips that I had on hand instead and decreased the sugar a bit.

The girls were so excited to see this cake come together. The marshmallow frosting was a huge hit! I made a mess of the counter putting the crumbs on the outside, but that is OK.

I found the cake to be dense and moist. The frosting was delicious and light, but just a little on the sweet side for me right now - but I am not the best judge - my pregnancy taste buds are a little out of whack. Everyone else enjoyed it. I will definitely make this again when I can handle this amount of sweetness.

1 comment: