Monday, August 11, 2008

Catching up!

Alright, I got a little behind and I need to catch up what has happened since Thursday. Thursday ended the first week of the food budget experiment. We ended up spending $57 on food. YEAH!!! UNDER BUDGET!!! With the first week successfully down, it is time to see what we can do with week 2.

On Friday I was very sick and unable to get off the couch. I enjoyed my time sleeping and watching movies, but was unable to make dinner. Lamar insisted on ordering pizza so I could continue to lay on the couch. I know the pizza will send us over the top. So here is what I have for week 2. With the pizza, grocery store trip and Costco purchase from last week we are at $66.87, $6.87 over budget for the week. No trips to the grocery store or farmers market for the rest of the week. Fortunately, we have plenty of produce to last the remainder of the week.

Here is what we did for meals for the weekend. Saturday I made homemade macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets for the girls since Lamar and I were going out (more on this later). On Sunday we spent the day at a local festival, got home at dinner time and decided to skip dinner since we were going to our neighbors for dessert and wine in an hour. We had a great time tasting wine and eating all the food that was laid out for us to enjoy! None of us missed skipping dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment