Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Frustration, food budget, day 14

Today was a rather uneventful day. We played lazy and stayed in PJ's until 2:00. I finished several small projects - most importantly I finally decided on a new bag to carry my laptop in - as I said, it was a very uneventful day.

I did have to meet with a pregnant mom. Unfortunately she stood me up. I am providing doula services for her under my non-profit, so basically I am volunteering my services to support her. I have another doula helping me out and she drove 45 minutes for this appointment. The pregnant mom just found something better to do with her afternoon than meet with us. I know that not everyone understands the value of labor support, but this mom really needs the support. Hopefully she will show up tomorrow.

As for dinner, I made a stir fry. I had some random vegetables that needed to be used. I sauteed these with two chicken breasts and made some brown rice. It was very yummy.



Tomorrow marks the start of Week 3. I need to get some produce, but that is about it. We are doing really well. I took the garbage out tonight and noticed that it is only half full. The same with the recycling container. We usually like to indulge in some yummy wine, but there were no wine bottles in the glass container. My favorite bottle of $30 Pinot does not fit into the budget. This budget can barely support Two Buck Chuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment