Sunday, August 17, 2008

This and That

Today had a bit of everything. I stayed up late watching the lightning storm last night then got up early so I could start to cook for the potluck I was hosting tonight. I had many RSVPs from other doulas, but not everyone showed up. Fortunately the food everyone brought was wonderful. I made a Vegan Coconut Cheesecake and a Raw Vegan Lasagna. Both were delicious. I had intended on taking pictures of them, but I got to talking and forgot. Bad me. As a general rule in our house, Lamar will not voluntarily eat anything with tofu or coconut. He devoured the cheesecake and asked me to make it again. This is HUGE for him.

The potluck was around dinner time, so I did not make a separate dinner. The dishes I made fit in with the budget. It really helped that I was able to get the produce needed for the Lasagna from my garden. I finally found the right place to set the basil, so it is now producing beautiful leaves for me to pick.

Lora is continuing to work on the pictures of the girls she took last week. Here is one she just sent to me. I love how it turned out. To see more of these you can look on her blog or her website. I can't wait to make prints. I also met with a pregnant mom today. She is due at the end of this month. Many of you know about this already, but I have started a non-profit called Adoption Doulas that provides doulas for moms who are choosing adoption for their infants. These moms need so much support and a doula can provide the much needed neutral support just for her. I have plans to be gone for many days over the next month, so another doula is helping me out with this mom. I am really holding on to the vision that we will both be able to attend her birth, but as proven many times in the past, babies come when they want to, not when it is convenient for the doula!

Tomorrow, I am going to do some work in the garden with the girls and take a class on Whole Grains. I have been looking forward to this class for quite some time, but I have had to reschedule it twice because of my pregnant mamas.

My late night and early morning are starting to catch up with me. I am off to bed - even the Olympics won't keep me awake tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment