Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm Bringing Home A Baby...Ladybug

I thought today was going to be another uneventful day. I baked a loaf of banana bread and took it to one of my mamas. On our way home we stopped at an estate sale. I saw some great stuff that already had sold tags on it. On our way through the house all I was seeing was some overpriced junk. Then we hit the kitchen. It was as if light was shining down on the counter top on the cast iron and le crueset cookware. I walked away with three excellent condition pans, in exactly the sizes I wanted for $4.00! Total! I am not sure if the person pricing the stuff did not know what they were selling or if they just wanted the stuff gone, either way, I benefited! I got out of there quick with my find and did not look back.

We came home and the girls went out to pick blackberries while I cleaned up my new pans. Nora Beth quickly came back into the house with her find.

She was so excited to have the ladybug crawl around on her arm.

She named the ladybug Sarah.
The childhood song comes to mind "I am bringing home a baby bumble bee, won't my mother be so proud of me...."
I am happy to say that this ladybug did not have the same ending as the bumble bee in the song. This ladybug will live out it's life in my garden.

As for dinner, I decided to do a steak on the grill. Since we had a vegetarian dinner last night, I thought I should do some meat tonight so Lamar did not start to foam at the mouth. Remember that I did not allow him to get the fillet Mignon, but I did get him a steak at another store. I put this on the grill with some zucchini and made some braised red cabbage with apples, onions and bacon with balsamic vinegar. Very tasty and I am still on budget.
We will be going out of town on Sunday for a few days. I will prorate next weeks meal budget to reflect our days gone. I have already packed some snacks to keep us away from the fast food restaurants while on the road.





1 comment:

  1. You are SO lucky to find le creuset -- amazing!

    Have fun on your trip.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete